This is a brand-new section - started in February 2011. I'm writing as much as I have time for.
This is a list of cocktails that are difficult to find recipes for, or are often made badly... or wrong.
This list is sometimes organized by ingredient, sometimes by drink family, sometimes by taste, and sometimes by antiquity.
This is just they way they fit in my head, and is not at all official.
This list will not cover shooters, bombs, punches, or martinis. There will be no flavored vodkas. That's just how I roll.
- Ash Wednesday - difficult to find after dinner cream drink
- Gold Rush - outstanding simple cocktail
- American Trilogy (Joslyn Cocktail)
- Sour lemon, eggwhite shaken drinks (e.g. Whiskey, Pisco, Amaretto, New York)
- Buck lime, ginger shaken on the rocks with soda (e.g. Gentleman's, London, Gin)
- Daiquiri rum, lime shaken (e.g. Honeysuckle, Hemingway, Cloak and Dagger)
- Brandy Alexander
- Golden Cadillac
- Bee's Kiss
- Flip (e.g. New York Flip)
- Fizz (e.g. Ramos, Hoffman House, Peach Blow)
- Blue Collar Cocktail
- Creole Cocktail
- Cobble Hill
- Rob Roy
- Vieux Carre
- Champaign Cocktail
- French 75
- Clover Club
- White Lady
- Pink Lady
Gin plus Lime
- East Side / Old Maid
- Gin-Gin Mule
- Gordon's Cup
- African Flower
- Bee's Knees
- Blood and Sand
- Mint Julip
- Hot Toddy
- Old Fashioned
- Corpse Reviver #2
- Monkey Gland
- Pimm's Cup
- Dark and Stormy
Campari and Vermouth
There are a surprizing number of drinks with this combination. Every cocktail menu should have at least one of these.
- Americano - a.k.a Milano-Torino; the oldest
- Negroni (Camparinette?) - the most famous, made with gin
- Rome with a View - 21st century cousin to the Americano
- Excelsior - A more vermouth-heavy varient of the the Americano
- Tia Juano - near-prohibition-era tequilla varient of the Negroni
- Imperial Negroni - rum varient of the Negroni
- Boulevardier - burbon variant of the Negroni
There must be a version with rye or scotch out there... I just haven't had them.
Non-alcohol Cocktail Ingredients
- Simple Syrup
- Runny Honey
- Ginger Syrup